September 7, 2011

Saylor Grace

I had my 38 and 39 week appointments and my midwife thought I would go early, perhaps on Daddy's birthday (August 29) or Great Grandpa VK's birthday (August 31), but those days came and went... and so did my due date.  Mommy was getting a little uncomfortable, a little bigger, and a little bit impatient.  On Wednesday, September 7, I woke up at 1 a.m. because I couldn't sleep.  Around 2 a.m. I started feeling some contractions.  I continued to have contractions all morning.  At 7 a.m. I called the hospital wondering if I should wait for my 9 a.m. scheduled appointment with my midwife or come in.  They told me to wait and I did... but only for an hour.  By 8 a.m. I knew I needed to go in so we packed up and headed for the hospital.  Unfortunately, on the way there my water broke so we went back home to change clothes and suffer through some pretty painful contractions.  We headed back to the hospital and went to my midwife's office where I was sent straight up to the delivery room.  I did not receive an epidural because I was too far along.  At 1:22 p.m. Saylor Grace entered the world.  She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 in. long.  We have been so in love and so blessed ever since!





                   



1 comment:

  1. What great pictures of her measurements and first moments! Since I wasn't exactly able to run the camera at that point, we don't have any of those type of pictures of our kids. ;o)

    ReplyDelete