June 7, 2014

2 Years 9 Months

Saylor seems to be loving summer as much as her mom and dad and is adjusting to being at home every day.  She's has almost stopped asking every morning, "where am I going today?"  She loves to ride her bike, play in the park, jump on the couch, dance to "mugick" (music,) swim at the pool, and use her imagination.  She also likes to follow or play with other little kids, but she especially loves playing with her dad.  She loves to help him in the garden, golf, and bake cookies.  She knows all the ingredients to chocolate chip cookies and has tried them all out separately.  She was a big fan of the fistful of brown sugar she snuck the other day.  At dinner she sits on a bar stool between us.  Randomly, she will stand up on her bar stool and say, "I love you dad!" and give him a big hug and then turn and say, "I love you mom!" and give me a big hug.  She does this over and over again.   It's hard to tell her to stop when it melts your heart.  You might also hear her say she is a "good jobber" or that you are a "good jobber."  For example, "I'm a good jobber at that, aren't I?"  "Dad you aren't a good jobber at golfing today." She also still says, "I want something" in a little whiney voice numerous times a day.  This means she wants something to eat.  If I ask her what she wants she will ask, "What can I have?" even though she usually has something in mind.  If you give her a little bit of something she usually loses it and tells you, "but there's not much!"  She loves "scare-a-bis."  What's that you ask?  Well, so did we for awhile until we figured out that it's asparagus.  She's really got the facial expressions going when you are having a conversation with her.  It's hard not to smile just watching her face when she says some things.  She likes to call either of us "Big Jake" from a book about a monkey which is sorta cute.  However, yesterday when we were getting ready for the pool she slapped me on the behind and said, "Let's go Big Butt." (sigh… not cute. at. all.) She's a creature of habit and if you do something once she will want to do it the exact same way the next time.  For example, when she dances with dad then the cell phone playing "mugick" has to be on the TV stand like it was the first time they did it or everything is basically ruined.  She's been so much fun to play, interact and converse with but she is getting so tall and big so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment